Watercress, Pea and Almond Salad
By the delicious teamLight and refreshing with a nutty crunch, this watercress, pea and almond salad is perfect for spring. Serve with roasted meats, fish or on its own.
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g marcona almonds or regular blanched almonds
- 200g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 x 75g bags watercress
- 20g punnet edible flowers, such as violets (see tip)
- Whisk the vinegar and sugar with some salt and pepper, gradually adding the olive oil. Set aside.
- Lightly toast the almonds in a dry non-stick pan, then set aside to cool. Mix together the peas, watercress and cooled almonds in a large bowl, then drizzle over the dressing and toss gently to combine. Top with the edible flowers and serve immediately.
PER SERVING (BASED ON 8) 217kcals, 19.3g fat (2.2g saturated), 6.3g protein, 4.9g carbs, 2g sugar, trace salt
If you don’t have a herb garden, edible flowers are available, in season, from some supermarkets and greengrocers. Or buy them from firstleaf.co.uk or nicholsonsherbfarm.co.uk