Mini Chocolate Cakes with Violet Buttercream Filling
Made in our My Kitchen Loose-Based Mini Sandwich Tin
for the Cakes
- 200g butter, softened
- 175g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15g instant coffee dissolved in 75ml hot water
for the filling
- 50g butter, softened
- 6 drops violet flavour
- Wilton Violet Icing Colour
- 175g icing sugar
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and grease the tin.
- Put all the cake ingredients into a bowl mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and smooth the tops. Bake for 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the buttercream by beating the butter and violet flavour together, then add the icing sugar and icing colour a little at a time until the desired shade is reached, and mix well.
- Cut each cake in half and sandwich back together with the buttercream. Sift icing sugar over the top, using a cake stencil to create a design if desired.