Home-Made Individual Christmas Puddings
Made in our 250ml Mini Pudding Steamers
- A little butter, to grease
- 450g white breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp salt
- 225g suet, shredded or finely chopped
- 225g brown sugar
- 110g mixed peel, chopped
- 110g currants
- 110g sultanas
- 450g raisins
- 75g carrots, grated
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp milk
- 110g golden syrup
- Lightly grease the pudding steamers and lids.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, spices, salt, suet and sugar together in a large bowl, then add the mixed peel, dried fruits and carrots. Combine the brandy, milk and syrup and stir thoroughly into the dry ingredients. Leave the mixture to stand for at least 1 hour then spoon into the pudding steamers and close the lids.
- Place the steamers on the base of a large lidded pan and add water so that it comes halfway up their sides. Bring the water to a simmer and cook for 2½ hours. When cooked, carefully remove the steamers from the pan and allow to cool completely before removing the puddings. If storing, wrap in greaseproof paper and keep in an airtight container for 12-18 months. They will improve and mature in this time.
- On the day of serving, unwrap the puddings, place onto microwaveable plates and microwave, one at a time, for approx. 1 minute or until heated through (time will vary according to the power of your microwave).