Taken from the Kilner Recipe Book
makes 5 x 450g jars
- 1kg Seville oranges
- 75ml lemon juice
- 2kg demerara sugar
- Wash the oranges then half them and juice them and keep the
- Slice the squeezed oranges into medium to thick pieces and
place into a bowl along with the orange juice and 2.5L
water. Leave the mixture to soak for 24 hours.
- Pour the mixture into a Kilner jam pan and bring to the
boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 2 hours until
the peel is soft and the marmalade has reduced.
- Add in the sugar and lemon juice and mix well to dissolve
- Boil for about 20 minutes until setting point has been
achieved then remove from the heat.
- Leave the marmalade to cool down for ten minutes then stir
slowly to diffuse any foam from the top.
- Pour the marmalade into warm sterilized Kilner jars and
store in a cool dark place.
Storage : Up to 2 years.