Spread a little happiness with a marvellous muffin
- 175g plain flour
- 25g porridge oats, plus extra to sprinkle
- 175g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g plain yoghurt
- 1 large egg
- 9 tsp shredded marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Line a muffin tin with 9 paper cases.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl, stir to combine.
- Place the zest, juice, oil, yoghurt and egg in a jug, whisk to combine then add to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Place 1 tbsp of the muffin mixture into each paper case, top each with 1 tsp of marmalade, then top up each with the remaining muffin mixture.
- Sprinkle some oats onto the top of each and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and well risen.