Mexican Pull-Apart Pork
From our Lakeland More Slow Cooking book
- 2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 375g jar chunky tomato salsa
- 280ml barbecue sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 kg boneless pork shoulder
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 150ml soured cream
- 2 limes, cut into 8 wedges
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Combine the peppers, onion, salsa, sauce, garlic, spices and herbs in a large slow cooker.
- Add the pork, turning to coat in the mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the pork from the cooker; shred the meat using two forks. Return the meat to the cooker, stir gently and season to taste.
- Divide the pork between the tortillas. Serve with the soured cream, lime wedges and coriander leaves.