Our Peppermint Creams make perfect home-made gifts
- 1 egg white
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 425g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 175g dark chocolate
- Whisk the egg white until stiff peaks are formed. Slowly whisk in the lemon juice, Peppermint Extract and icing sugar until a stiff paste is achieved.
- Tip the mixture onto a work surface liberally dusted with icing sugar. Roll out thinly.
- Use a small round cutter to shape the creams, then place them onto a baking tray and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or until they have set.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water).
- Dip each peppermint cream into the chocolate until half covered and set aside on a baking tray. Chill until set.