Mini Dundee Cakes
Made in the My Kitchen 12 Cup Loose-Based Mini Sandwich Tin
- 175g butter, softened, plus a little extra for greasing
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 175g currants
- 175g sultanas
- 50g glacé cherries, chopped
- 50g mixed peel, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp brandy or rum
- Approx. 60 blanched whole almonds (use flaked if you prefer)
- Place the butter in a large bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat until creamy, then add the caster sugar and beat until fluffy and light. Gradually add in the eggs, stirring between each addition.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and mixed spice, fold in with a large spoon. Add the ground almonds, currants, sultanas, cherries, peel, lemon and brandy; stir together.
- Lightly grease the Mini Sandwich Pan, preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 cups in the tin. Arrange 5 almonds in a flower shape on top of each mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into middle comes out clean. Cool in the tin.