- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 35g self-raising flour
- 35g plain flour
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan assisted. Grease two 12-hole (30ml) madeleine pans.
- Beat eggs and sifted sugars in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, triple-sift flours; sift flour over egg mixture,. Pour combined butter and the water down side of bowl then fold ingredients together.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture into each pan hole. Bake for about 10 minutes. Tap hot pan firmly on worktop to release Madeleine’s then turn, top side down, onto wire rack to cool. Serve dusted with sifted extra icing sugar.