Mini Berry Pies
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- 55g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan assisted. Grease three 12-hole mini muffin pans.
- Stir berries and sugar in a small saucepan over heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Blend cornflour with the water; stir into berry mixture. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cool.
- Cut 36 x 6cm rounds from pastry; press rounds into pan holes. Cut 36 x 4cm rounds from remaining pastry. Spoon berry mixture into pastry cases; top with rounds. Press edges firmly to seal. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with extra sugar. Make small cut in top of each pie.
- Bake pies for about 20 minutes. Stand in poan for 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack. Serves pies warm or cold.