Tomato, Pesto & Olive Tart
Perfect for a laid-back weekend lunch, this impressive tart gives maximum flavour from minimum effort.
- 500g baby plum or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 55g pitted black olives
- 360g ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes,
vinegar and half the olive oil. Spread
the tomatoes on an oven tray and roast,
uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Place the pastry sheet onto an oiled
oven tray. Fold the edges in to make
a 5mm border all the way around.
- Prick the base with a fork. Layer with
baking beans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and reduce the
oven temperature to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Spread the pastry with pesto, top with
the tomatoes, olives and cheese and
bake for a further 10 minutes. Drizzle
with the remaining oil before serving.