From Lakes on a plate episode 17: Market Fresh
- 2 onions
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 sausages
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 1tsp chopped rosemary
- 1tsp chopped thyme
- 2 courgettes or 100g mushrooms, which ever you prefer
- 100ml double cream
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2tsp local honey
- ½ pint cider
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan and add a splash of olive oil. Chop the onions and add to the pan.
- Cut up the sausages, chicken and bacon and add to the onions. Cook on all sides until they start to get nice and golden. Add in the salt, pepper, chopped herbs and the courgettes or mushrooms.
- Next add the mustard and honey followed by the cider. Simmer for 20 minutes to cook through and allow the cider to reduce.
- Finish with the cream and serve.