Steven Doherty, Head Chef at our First Floor Café in Windermere, has come up with this delicious jam recipe for you to try this summer. For help with your jam preparation
Makes seven 454g (1lb) jars
- 2kg (4lb) Victoria plums, when available
- 500ml (¾pt) water
- 2kg (4lb) sugar, warmed on a baking tray in the oven
- Wash, halve and stone the plums.
- Crack a few of the stones; blanch, skin and halve the kernels.
- Cook the plums and water in a preserving pan for about half an hour, until the skins are soft.
- Stir in and dissolve the warmed sugar, then boil briskly, adding the kernels towards setting point.
- When a set is reached, skim if necessary.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal.