Easy apple pie
- Shortcrust pastry, sufficient for a 23cm (9") 2-crust pie (use a ready-made pack to save time)
- 2-3 large cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (4oz)caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp (1oz) butter
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C (gas mark 7).
- Roll out half the pastry dough and line a greased 23cm (9") pie plate.
- Place apples and all other dry ingredients in a freezer bag and shake until all the apples are coated.
- Pour into the pie dish and dot the apples with butter.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry, drape over the pie, crimp the edges and cut vents in the top.
- Use any leftover pastry to decorate with leaf shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C (gas mark 4) and bake for a further 30-40 minutes until pastry is golden brown.