Fairy Tale Cottage
Once upon a time. This
Christmas, build a house that
will make dreams come true.
Chocolate Fairy Tale Cottage
What you need
- Approx. 1.45kg milk, white or dark chocolate – we used a mix
- Sweeties, icing sugar and desiccated coconut, to decorate
- A sprinkling of imagination!
What you do
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl (reserve a few squares) and melt over a pan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water).
- Using a tablespoon, fill the moulds with chocolate. Leave to cool for 1 hour then chill until completely set.
- Melt the reserved squares of chocolate. Dip the tip of a bamboo skewer into the chocolate and paint it along the edges of the chocolate panels to 'cement' the house together, starting with the walls and ending with the roof.
- Decorate your house however you like! We made icicles from icing sugar and snow from desiccated coconut... the only limit is your imagination!