Strawberry & champagne sorbet
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 300ml (10fl oz) champagne
- 350g (12oz) strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- In a pan, slowly dissolve sugar in the champagne, then bring to the boil. Add the lime rind and juice, then simmer the syrup for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave until completely cool.
- Blend the strawberries to a smooth purée, then add to the cold sugar syrup. Pour the mixture into an ice-cream machine, and freeze-churn until ready to serve.