Sourdough Garlic Twist
by Peter Sidwell
- 1 sourdough loaf mix (see this recipe)
- 50g butter
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper
- A little olive oil
- Place the garlic bulbs in an ovenproof dish and slow roast for 45 minutes until soft. Allow to cool.
- Follow the instructions for the Sourdough Loaf in the previous recipe; after the fi rst proving, roll the dough into a rectangle approx. 1cm thick and evenly spread the butter over the surface.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic from the cloves onto the sourdough, spread evenly. Sprinkle over the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Roll up the dough like a swiss roll then cut lengthways down the middle. Twist the two lengths over one another from one end to the other. Shape into a loop, bringing the ends together, and place on a baking tray.
- Leave in a warm place to prove for 30-40 minutes until doubled in size. Drizzle with olive oil then bake in a preheated oven set at 200°C/400°F for 25-30 minutes until golden.