At Lakeland we respect your privacy completely. Your personal information is private, so we treat it with the highest standard of security and confidentiality. We will never sell or pass it on to other companies – you can rest assured that your card details, email and home address and any other details you’ve given us are 100% safe with us.
With your permission, we will send you our catalogues and email newsletters to keep you up to date with our latest products, offers and news. Of course, it’s totally up to you – you’re in control of your catalogues, email newsletter subscription settings and the cookies that are enabled when you visit us online.
We’ve updated our website so that you can decide which cookies we use. Our website provides the best service when all cookies are enabled – without them, important parts of the website will not work and we can’t check that our site is working properly for you. We will however always honour your preference and only read or write to cookies based on the settings you choose.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are transferred to your computer when you visit websites. To enhance your shopping experience, so we can ensure our site works fully for you, and so you see our best offers, we recommend they are enabled.
What do cookies do?
- Store the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through checkout.
- Enable you to ‘log in’ to your account so you can see information relating to your orders and manage your account.
- Record the areas in our site you have visited and for how long, as well as which products you viewed and purchased. We use this to help us improve our website so that it’s easy to use and so we can improve the services we provide. It also helps us to recommend relevant products and offers on our website and adverts you may be interested in on other websites.
Are our cookies safe?
- Yes – they don’t harm your computer.
- Yes – they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally.
- Yes – they do not contain any confidential details such as your email address or payment details.
Can I turn cookies off?
If you would prefer us not to store cookies on your computer, you can change the settings below, or on your website browser. You can find out how to do this in the ‘Help’ section of your browser, via the menu bar. If you choose to turn cookies off we can’t check the website is working properly for you. You can be assured the cookies we use are safe.
The cookies we use at Lakeland
The cookies we use help us to enhance your shopping experience. Enabling cookies enhances your visit to our website, lets us check everything is working properly, and enables us to give you a more personalised web experience, such as helping us to show you products and offers we believe will interest you. They are 100% safe and secure and we recommend they are switched on.
The five types of cookies we use are explained below: