Showing reviews 1 - 20 of 21
I should have taken more notice of reviews!”
Having purchased some of these candles a while ago, despite reading quite a few negative reviews. I was not too surprised when I used two last night whilst cooking sausages, that they had absolutely no effect. I lit two more this morning, when the house still reeked of cooking, but alas still no result. I can't possibly recommend these candles, as they do not do as they claim. Even the burning time is no where near 5 hours. They sound too good to be true, I found them to be just that.....
Published 14 Apr 2014
A note from the team: Thanks for placing your review. We're sorry that the candles haven't worked for you and will be in touch shortly.
Didn't work for me!”
by Mrs Window
Sadly, I cannot recommend these for eliminating cooking odours. I frequently cook traditional Indian dishes and hate the lingering smell during and after cooking. I have tried burning several candles at once but other than emitting the scent of the candle at source I cannot say that the candles eliminate odour. They also do not burn for the stated time and liquify very quickly. Very disappointing. I won't be buying these again.
Published 10 Jun 2013
A note from the team: Thanks for placing your review. We're sorry the candles haven't been as expected. We'll be in touch shortly to help.
Wouldn't be without them now. They give off a subtle scent which really does freshen up the kitchen after cooking. They don't tickle my sensitive nose as some more 'flowery' candles do! The tealights are also much better value than the large candle tin version as you can burn these right to the end. A great product.
Published 26 Nov 2012
I find these candles excellent for ridding the kitchen of smelly foods such as fish, also they have a more natural smell than a lot of the candles on sale. I am allergic to perfume but these candles don't give me any problems at all. I wouldn't be without them.
Published 09 Oct 2012
Good but not great.”
Smell is lovely but is just only strong enough to cover burnt toast! Perhaps the formula has changed as this new set of candles do go straight to liquid and don't burn for the length of time that I think they used to do. More expensive and not seen them on offer but the bigger single candles I think are the way forward for me and my burnt toast!
Published 06 Aug 2012
Great for an old carpeted house!”
I cook lots of exotic and Asian food and the smell of garlic, fish, curry, etc lingers in the house because of the carpet and also because we do not have an extractor fan/hood. Just an hour or so of lighting the candle and changing their positions in the house clears most smells! So delighted with this find! Thank you Lakeland!
Published 10 Apr 2012
These tea lights are simply great ! After cooking with onions etc. just light one of those and by the time your guests arrive the kitchen will smell fresh again.I have tried other air fresheners but these are the best if you can't open a window or door to clear the air.
Published 08 Dec 2011
has not done the job”
by Mrs SHEPHERD
I purchased these tealights (2 for 3) the sales assistant said they worked, well not for me, I can't even smell their perfume, they just turn to liquid and nothing else. very disappointed.
Published 29 Nov 2011
A note from the team: Thanks for placing your review on the tealights. Sorry they've not worked for you. I'll be in touch shortly to help.
I must be missing something”
by Mrs Liptrot
These don't seem to have much effect at all - even for rather ordinary cooking smells - and mine certainly didn't burn for 5 hours. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, after all it's just lighting a candle, but after reading most of the other reviews, I must be!
Published 08 Nov 2011
A note from the team: Thanks for placing your review. Sounds as though the ones you've had are faulty, so I'll be in touch shortly to help.
doesn't do what it says on the tin”
by Mrs Turner
I first tried 1 of these in my kitchen after cooking but with no effect, so I tried 3 all at once but still they didn't get rid of the cooking smells which incidentally were still there in the morning. Opening windows was the answer but not a practical solution in the winter months. I would not recommend this product & will not be buying it in the future.
Published 16 Jun 2011
A note from the team: Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry that the candle had not worked as well as expected. I'll be in touch shortly.
These do exactly what is says on the box, they eliminate all lingering cooking smells including bacon, cabbage etc. If you hate stale cooking smells as much as I do then you need these candles!!
Published 16 Sep 2010
Have been looking for an effective odour eliminator for years. The search is over as these candles do the job perfectly and at a reasonable price too. It is a fantastic product....even unlit in the cupboard it smells lovely. Highly recommended.
Published 25 Jun 2010
by John Ballard
I too find that the chef's tealight does it's job very well (curry's, stir frys and most lingering smells are eliminated). But, I used to burn them in a small ashtray on the work surface, one evening I thought I'd leave it lit. Next morning I find the glass ashtray had smashed because of the heat and to boot my work surface now has a black scorch mark. Completely my fault. But beware. John BTW. I'm ordering some more in a moment.
Published 14 Jun 2010
I think these little tealights work a treat! I've searched everywhere for them and Lakeland is the only place I have found them. I burn one on my kitchen windowsill especially after cooking fish and am very happy with them. The scent is very refreshing.
Published 18 May 2010
by Sheila Topham
I find they work very well in dealing with cooking smells - and if you have an indoor cat, they come in handly if there has been one of "those" litter tray moments as well!
Published 02 Dec 2009
I must be doing something wrong!”
I must be doing something wrong as I didn't think these were very good. I used one last night and then had to burn 3 this morning in order to get rid of the food smell left from the night before. Sorry but I can't recommend these.
Published 24 Oct 2009
A note from the team: I'm sorry that the product didn't live up to your expectations - we'll be in touch shortly.
Nice tealights - but completely liquid”
These tealights have a lovely fresh scent - though they are not strong enough to be able to eliminate the smell of my cooking. One thing to watch for is that once lit, they turn completely to liquid - so you need to be careful not to spill the 'wax' once they are lit if you are moving them.
Published 22 Jan 2009
They are the best !”
by Justine Murrin
The chef's candles are the best on the market. They get rid of all kitchen smells; even fish, garlic and indian food. I always buy them.
Published 23 Sep 2008
they were very good at getting rid of bad smells (strong odours) in the kitchen. Would like to try the other one's
Published 05 Jul 2008
does what it claims”
by Linda Crawford
it really does get rid of cooking smells, even bacon which tends to linger (and I agree about the curry too!) Marvellous, does exactly what it claims to do.
Published 07 May 2008