Rid the air of unwanted cooking odours, whilst fragrancing your home with the aroma of natural basil, patchouli and geranium.
Burns for approx. 20 hours. For optimum burn time use in 4 hour periods.
Cat Ref: SKU 9288
7cm (2¾") Dia.
Add the Chef's Candle to your basket
Customer Reviews - Chef's Candle
Showing 3 of 19 reviews See all reviews
Excellent & no chemicals” by Rachel Carpenter
I've found the chef's candles to be very useful and they do work (I wasn't sure they would when I first saw them).
These candles are excellent value compared to odour-elimintaing sprays and there are no nasty chemicals that can cause/exacerbate asthma and lung problems.
Depending on how long they're used for, the wick can burn out before all the wax is used (this happens with the tealights too) but left-over wax can be reused:-
If you collect the left-over wax it can be melted in a metal bowl or an old saucepan placed inside another pan of simmering water. Ready-made wicks for containers can be bought cheaply in craft stores and placed in the original candle tin or another suitable candle container (tealight containers and short wicks are also available in shops). Then simply pour in the melted wax and allow to get completely cold before use.
I've been using the tealights recently but have used the tins before and I've found that excess wax can be re-used about twice before it loses its effectiveness.
It Works!” by Catherine
The candle has a lovely scent and it really does remove cooking smells. I also noticed not all the wax was gone after one burned out, so it was useful to have Rachel's tip about reusing it.
At last - one that works!” by Sheena
Great candle! I've used various odour dispelling candles in the past but none of them has really worked. This one is great - it really does eliminate odours, even fish and a particularly whiffy cat food that Oscar likes!
My husband bought this candle so this is the first time I've read the reviews. On the face of it the tea lights look better value - 5 hours longer for around £1 less, but I've been using this tin for ages and it's still going strong. I might try the tea lights next though to compare.