Showing reviews 1 - 19 of 19
strong smell that lasts”
Lasts about an hour after blown out and eliminates any dog or food odours we have. Highly recommend
Published 17 01 2014
Hubby bought this for me for Christmas as I'm always cooking curries and fish and he gets tired of the whole house smelling! This is the only Lakeland product I've ever been disappointed with. It has burnt really quickly, no where near the 20 hours advertised. I noticed a pleasant aroma while it was burning but nothing that was close to eliminating the cooking odours. A shame because others clearly really rate this candle but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
Published 08 01 2014
A note from the team: Thanks for placing your review. We're sorry that the candle hasn't been a success for you and will be in touch shortly.
Useful but short lived and wasteful”
I'd been debating about trying these candles for a while as I don't like chemical sprays, etc. I eventually got one and was pleased with the smell and the way it worked but much less pleased with the wastage of wax left in the tin! There is a lot left all around the sides but the middle is all burned down. What a waste! It's all very well saying that they can be reused and that may be fine if you have the time and inclination to do so, but I really don't. And frankly, I don't think you should have to. I feel I have wasted my money and won't be buying another.
Published 11 06 2013
A note from the team: Thank for placing your review. We're sorry for the disappointment and will be in touch shortly.
We have an open kitchen in the dining/living room of our new flat and was despairing about the cooking smells since I am passionate about aromatherapy and burn incense all day..Have used it only 3-4 times so far but it seems to clear out any smell..Quite happy..Neo
Published 12 04 2013
Although the candle does indeed remove cooking odors the wick burns out very quickly. I have used the candle for only 30 minutes and now the wick will no longer light. The candle is barely used and I am left with an almost full tin of wax and no way of lighting it. I have read the other comment about reusing wax but should I really have to go to all that trouble? I'd find it hard to recommend this product based upon my experience.
Published 22 08 2011
A note from the team: Thanks for placing your review. I'm sorry this has happened. I'll be in touch shortly
At last - one that works!”
Great candle! I've used various odour dispelling candles in the past but none of them has really worked. This one is great - it really does eliminate odours, even fish and a particularly whiffy cat food that Oscar likes! My husband bought this candle so this is the first time I've read the reviews. On the face of it the tea lights look better value - 5 hours longer for around £1 less, but I've been using this tin for ages and it's still going strong. I might try the tea lights next though to compare.
Published 30 01 2011
by Mrs Bond
I agree the tealights are better. They both work very well but there is a lot of waste with the large candle. I would prefer to use the tin but now only use the tealights. I have just ordered another few boxes.
Published 05 08 2010
good for smells”
by Mrs SUSAN ADDY
I have used these chef candles a few times and find them very good for all kitchen smells, even fish. It has to be left on a little longer for the fishy smells but does work. Also,when the candle starts to burn down, before I blow it out I swirl the warm wax round the tin then gently move the wax from the sides into the middle with a knife. This makes it last longer.
Published 16 04 2010
Like other customers, I found this product very effective but the wick burned away very quickly leaving a lot of the wax unusable. I am ordering the tealights to see if they are less wasteful.
Published 08 04 2010
A note from the team: We'll get the the issue you've had with the candle resolved as quickly as we can - I'll be in touch shortly.
I have had several of these candles which are excellent for dispelling odours. However, the wick always burns fairly quickly and there quite a lot of wax left in the tin. Have tried to improvise but it does not work!
Published 16 02 2010
A note from the team: I'm sorry you've had such difficulties with the candles. We'll be in touch shortly to put things right for you.
Prices Chef's Candle”
As the previous reviewer says my candle has burned down in the middle and theres is till a lot of wax at the side so I can't use it any more. Apart from that I like this product.
Published 22 01 2010
Prices Chef's tin candles”
I've been buying these for some time now, but the last quantity of them I got seemed to burn down in the middle and leave lots of wax around the edges of the tin. They wouldn't light again when this happened. It was a waste of the candle. It was on a flat surface.
Published 18 01 2010
A note from the team: We'll get the the issue you've had with the candles resolved as quickly as we can - I'll be in touch shortly.
A classic one”
A must in every kitchen, never got bored of the fragrance.
Published 02 12 2009
can we get bigger ones?”
I love these candles, they work well & dont "Get up your nose" like some perfumes. Is it possible to get the bigger size, which I saw somewhere, but cant remember where! Frances
Published 18 06 2009
A note from the team: I will pass your suggestion for a bigger size to our buying team for consideration.
The candle has a lovely scent and it really does remove cooking smells. I also noticed not all the wax was gone after one burned out, so it was useful to have Rachel's tip about reusing it.
Published 31 01 2009
Excellent & no chemicals”
by Rachel Carpenter
I've found the chef's candles to be very useful and they do work (I wasn't sure they would when I first saw them). These candles are excellent value compared to odour-elimintaing sprays and there are no nasty chemicals that can cause/exacerbate asthma and lung problems. Depending on how long they're used for, the wick can burn out before all the wax is used (this happens with the tealights too) but left-over wax can be reused:- If you collect the left-over wax it can be melted in a metal bowl or an old saucepan placed inside another pan of simmering water. Ready-made wicks for containers can be bought cheaply in craft stores and placed in the original candle tin or another suitable candle container (tealight containers and short wicks are also available in shops). Then simply pour in the melted wax and allow to get completely cold before use. I've been using the tealights recently but have used the tins before and I've found that excess wax can be re-used about twice before it loses its effectiveness.
Published 17 01 2009
by Jo Roche
Yes this really does work! Not only does it get rid of the smell ofcooking (fish especially) but we our dear old cat is rather incontinent these days and after just an hour of burning even these smells are gone. I would agree with one reviewer that the candle tin wastes some of the wax, escpecially as your are unlikely to leave a candle burning for at least four hours as recommended, but it is a convenient way to use it and move it around the house.
Published 14 09 2008
by Moira Low
The product is very effective at eliminating nasty niffs, but I found the large (tinned) chef's candle a bit of a waste since it burns a hole in the middle and you're left with plenty wax and no wick! Much better are the tea lights version.
Published 13 05 2008
A note from the team: We would like to advise that, as stated on the tin, the Chef's Candle should be used in 4 hour periods for optimum burn time. This should reduce any wasted wax.
Fish smells eliminated”
by Mrs Rae Davies
We love fish, but hate the after smell. Using these chef's candles, within an hour the fish smell had disappeared. They give out a nice smell in the cupboard once they have been opened.
Published 07 05 2008