"Excellent & no chemicals"
17 January 2009
I've found the chef's candles to be very useful and they do work (I wasn't sure they would when I first saw them). These candles are excellent value compared to odour-elimintaing sprays and there are no nasty chemicals that can cause/exacerbate asthma and lung problems. Depending on how long they're used for, the wick can burn out before all the wax is used (this happens with the tealights too) but left-over wax can be reused:- If you collect the left-over wax it can be melted in a metal bowl or an old saucepan placed inside another pan of simmering water. Ready-made wicks for containers can be bought cheaply in craft stores and placed in the original candle tin or another suitable candle container (tealight containers and short wicks are also available in shops). Then simply pour in the melted wax and allow to get completely cold before use. I've been using the tealights recently but have used the tins before and I've found that excess wax can be re-used about twice before it loses its effectiveness.