12 March 2012
I bought is last weekend and I could not wait to try it. I followed the recipe on the box, pressed the crumb like mixture into the mould - (which I had greased) and cooked for suggested time and temperature. with eager anticipation, I let it cool right down before trying to get it out. It was firmly stuck like stink to the mould, I used a sharp knife and a palette knife to try to tease it out - no luck - in the end I had to chip it out and bin it, as it was ruined. I was temped to bin the mould too in utter frustration at the loss of time and ingredients. Not sure I'll bother to try again.
A note from the team
Thanks for your review. Our buying team advise washing the mould in warm water and drying it prior to first use, and greasing it when using for the first time. The mould is unglazed and will absorb grease so will become easier to release with time. Please also allow 2.5 - 3 hours to cool before turning out. We'll contact you to help.